12 October 2004

RE:Changing Licensure from Math to Business

Date: Tuesday, 12 October 2004 12:43pm ET
To: JBRAGG, JWHITEHURST
From: JWHITEHURST
Subject: RE:Changing Licensure from Math to Business

Jessica,

I received the information on the classes at East Carolina University. The problem is not that I need to know what courses to take but that I don't believe I should have to take any courses. I have a masters degree in computer science education to teach programming, which is what I was hired to teach. I really want to dispute the actions I have to take to keep my job. I understand that it is only 2 courses, but I am prepared to discuss reasons to forfeit the classes. I am interested in the name of whom I should contact regarding these issues. Also, the praxis material I received mentions data on economics, money management, business, office management, accounting and marketing. I have not taken courses in any of this and would surely fail to pass such a test. I teach computer programming and would gladly take a C++, Java, or VB test if there were such.
Jane Whitehurst

No comments: