07 April 2005

Re: CTE Teacher: Possible Loss of Employment

Date: Thursday, 7 April 2005 3:44pm ET
To: jwhitehurst
From: jatkinson9@nc.rr.com
Subject: Re: CTE Teacher: Possible Loss of Employment

Jane, I do wish that there was something I could do to help you with your situation. With my not being an employee of the Dept. of Public Instruction yet, I do not have any means of helping to resolve your dilemma. At one time, a school district could issue a restricted license to teach a limited number of courses in a field, but I do not know if that option is now available. I would ask Kathy Sullivan or your local personnel person if that is an option now. Kathy Sullivan, one the people with whom you talked, is responsible for making the final decision, based on State Board of Education policy.

I do know that NCSU has some on-line courses that are geared to teachers who work full time and have to take courses. The contact person for NCSU is Dr. Terry O'Brien, 515.1743

No comments: