04 September 2005

Re: response to AP listserv announcement

Date: 09-04-05
To: Jwhitehurst
From: Rich
Re: response to AP listserv announcement

Hi Jane,Confidentially, if NC is not an option, I'd suggest looking at other states and then seek reciprocity.A story: Many years ago I received a permanent certificate from Massachusetts; the punch card (!) on which it is printed reads, "for the life of the holder".When I moved to Michigan, the state gave me a provisional certificate based upon my Massachusetts certification. Three years later, they sent a letter informing me the provisional certificate has expired, and gave a long list of what I needed to do to renew it.I sent a copy of the Massachusetts certificate to Lansing, having circled the words, "for the life of the holder", and indicating I wasstill alive. I received a permanent certificate from Lansing. While permanent certificates are rare these days, the basic idea of using state A to get state B and then on to state C still works.One last thought: In Michigan, CS is an "emergency" area, and one does not need the specific endorsement as long as the school district indicates it needs the person.Good luck!Rich

No comments: